Friday, March 13, 2009

White on White on Black - SMoCA Nights


[EDIT: Since posting below, I have been educated to the fact that the 'weird white people' are a theatrical performance called TRANSFIX performed Vessel - thanks for the correction Rachel.]

Have you attended SMoCA Nights? No? Me neither - not until last night anyway. It's a very fun party at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art complete with a fashion show, DJ's, food, beverage, plenty of artwork, and weird 'white people'.

My passion for creating lighting setups has drawn me to photoshoots that allow me the luxury to take time 'modeling' the environment and subject using separate planes of light. Painting in the important elements; darkening distractions; working in layers. This, however, is often a time consuming affair.

I am trying to be more spontaneous in my photography - working from the cuff and capturing fleeting moments instead of painstakingly creating moments that never really existed. It is a very different type of work that flexes different mental muscles. Keep an eye out for more of this type of work from me . . .

To see more of my work visit my commercial photography website.

No comments: