Thursday, March 19, 2009

Twilight Running in the Desert

In an effort to build upon my lifestyle portfolio I have been seeking athletes, fitness models, dancers, etc. I myself am an avid runner and run past this very spot on a regular basis. I have been thinking for some time now that I wanted to photograph a runner here but in my mind's eye I envisioned doing it at dawn shooting east into the sunrise.

This shot happens to be at (after) dusk shooting west into the (what was) sunset. I like the effect despite quite different than the original concept of shooting at dawn. I am, however, shooting a female fitness model in this same location at dawn this Saturday - stay tuned for a photo from that shoot to see the difference . . .

Strobist Info:
One SB900 camera-right CTO'd; key light
One SB900 camera-left for rim light
One SB800 camera-right for rim light and PS'd out of the frame
I don't have the power settings - was moving too fast in quickly changing twilight

To see more of my work visit my commercial photography website.

No comments: